Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Advisor-Knowledge Management and Learning (KML)
Job ID: 13-9001
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports To: Deputy Project Director
- The Technical Advisor-Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) position leads the implementation of a comprehensive technical communication and knowledge management (KM) strategy in collaboration with the project leadership, country office and field based teams.
- He/she will support efforts to increase the visibility of the USAID funded ProACT project implemented by MSH and will work closely with the Program Assistant-Training to lead the documentation and dissemination of ProACT project innovations and results.
- Lead, manage, and support the implementation of a comprehensive knowledge management and technical innovation strategy in partnership with country and field office teams.
- Institute a system for identifying and articulating emerging technical innovations and best practices within the ProACT project
- Support the development of an end-of-project dissemination plan and manage the implementation of this plan to highlight and detail project learning and results
- Provide support to technical advisors and field based teams to distill, package and disseminate program highlights and learnings and make them available to MSH, USAID, state and national audiences
- Support the development, review and finalization of quarterly and annual reports, documentation related to close-out and other donor deliverables as requested
- Foster knowledge sharing and learning among country and field office teams through the hosting of brown bag events at country and field offices.
- Provide oversight and supervise consultants hired to provide technical support or editorial services as maybe necessary.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of knowledge products including best practices, abstracts, technical publications or reports, learning briefs, nuggets, case studies, and success stories..
- Provide overall quality control and technical assistance for writing, editing, and packaging of knowledge products as well as ensure compliance with project branding guidelines and USAID requirements
- Manage and support project related knowledge sharing efforts including technical fairs, presentations, events, online discussion forums such as HIV TEN, and communities of practice (CoP)
- Works independently with authority from the Deputy Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over Data or Information:
- Has access to information within project, and is responsible for documenting technical communication and innovation initiatives.
- M.B.B.S with a master’s degree in Public Health with at least 2 years’ experience working in USG funded HIV programs.
- Strong writing, editing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technical communication skills and the ability to work as part of ateam with highly skilled technical staff.
- Experience working with USAID and other international development organizations, particularly in the context of KM and communications program is desirable.
- Applied knowledge & skills: demonstrated experience with abstract writing and presentation at international/regional conferences and demonstrated evidence of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to work across diverse and multi-cultural teams
- Understanding of and experience applying technical communications and knowledge management and communication concepts, tools, and approaches
- Comprehensive understanding of international development issues, HIV implementation and community-based health care initiatives, including program design, implementation and evaluation is desirable.
- Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
- Teamwork: Collaborates with others in own unit and across units; acknowledges others’ contributions; works effectively with individuals across units; willing to seek help as needed. Promoting collaboration and facilitating teamwork across projects and organization wide.
- Communications: Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff. establishing straightforward, productive relationships; showing great drive and commitment to the organization’s mission; inspires others: Maintaining high standards of personal integrity;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th April, 2016.