Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Facilitator for Paediatric ART Training Consultant
Job ID: 13-8840
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A056 PRO-ACT
Reports To: Senior Technical Advisor
- In a bid to improve service delivery to PLHIV specifically children across project states in supported facilities, MSH will conduct a comprehensive Pediatric HIV/AIDs training with focus on anti-retroviral therapy update.
- The training will have amplification effect, as trainees will receive technical support from MSH, to conduct stepdown training in their respective facilities.
- It is expected that at the end of the stepdown, the quality of Pediatric HIV services will be improved on and integrated into existing hospital services as a pool of HCWs would have had their capacities built, to provide HIV interventions to patients.
- For a smooth conduct of the training, 3 lead facilitators who will co-facilitate alongside MSH technical leads in respective project states will be engaged.
- These facilitators who will be drawn from independent project and program consultants, collaborating stakeholders including institutions of higher learning are to support training of health care workers in projects states.
- The 5-day training will draw participants from supported facilities.
Terms of reference (TOR):
- The Facilitator will conduct in a 5-day training alongside MSH technical leads on Pediatric HIV/ ART.
- He/she will review and adapt existing paediatric training curriculum /slides in line with current treatment guidelines
- He/she will collate, analyze, and report the daily training evaluation as part of the effort to improve training quality.
- He/she will be expected to conduct and analyze the pre and post test result in an excel sheet provided by MSH.
- At the end of the engagement, the facilitator will write a comprehensive training report to be submitted to MSH leadership
- In the course of training, the facilitator will lead and facilitate group work sessions as detailed in the training slides including ensuring the objectives of the plenary sessions are met.
- H/she will be responsible for documenting and compiling the action plans arrived at after plenary group work sessions.
Level of Effort:
- 9 days (2 days pre training meeting in Abuja, 5 days TOT and 1day for report writing).
- Ensure a seamless conduct of training using adult learning principles
- Compile and present post training follow up action plans as agreed during plenary sessions
- Present a comprehensive training report to MSH leadership within 7 days of training completion
- S/he will be responsible for conveying herself/himself to the venue of the training
- S/he is expected to arrive 2 days prior to the training for a pre-training meeting with MSH technical leads.
- Minimum of Post graduate Degree in Medicine/Public Health and/or Fellowship in relevant Postgraduate College.
- S/he will have thorough knowledge of Paediatric ART treatment including current Knowledge in the field of HIV programming.
- S/he will be National Paediatric ART trainer
- Registered with the relevant professional bodies (Nigeria Medical and Dental Council).
- The Consultant will be a highly skilled clinician with at least 5 years of clinical work experience in a Paediatric ART centre
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Friday, 5th February, 2016.