The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Consular Section (CONS):
Job Title: Maintenance Inspector (Electrical)
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Incumbent is assigned to the Facility Maintenance Section (FAC) as Electrical Inspector and supervises the daily routine of the FAC Electrical Shop, a workforce of six skilled
- Technicians and also a team of multi trade technicians involved in preventive maintenance.
- This position provides inspection and quality assurance of maintenance practices in the Electrical Shop, in all office buildings and residential compounds.
- S/he is directly supervised by the Residential Maintenance Supervisor.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary school or Technical training school is required.
- Journeyman knowledge of mechanic experience and skills is required.
- Good working knowledge of overall maintenance operations to recognize the need for maintenance and repair of buildings is required.
- Ability to carry out hands on maintenance and repair work is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experiences in electrical trade is required, of which one (1) year of experience as a maintenance inspector or planner and estimator
- is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
Or Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N5,720,065 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$41,206 p.a. EFM/MOH – US$35,364 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS – 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD – 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e – mail) submissions to one entry/e – mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 18th March, 2016.