The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Logistics Officer for the NRC Field Office in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2015.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Logistics Officer Vacancy at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Job Position: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Reports to: The Logistics Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management, warehousing)
- Supervision, training and development of logistics team
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Ensure sustainable stocks/assets management system is in place according to NRC requirements
- Ensure all NRC assets/premises are in good conditions and monitor maintenance/repairs if required.
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Relevant university degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 31st December (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to:[email protected] . The title of the position (Logistics Officer Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
Application Closing Date
6th of August, 2015