North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office.
- The Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies.
- This position will be based in Adamawa with some travel.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Logistics Officer will report to the Office Manager, based at Adamawa
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies;
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies;
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments)
- Supervise support staff (i.e. drivers, security guards, etc.)
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- HND or degree in related field is required.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2016.