Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Drivers/Guards
- Manage travel arrangements, including transport
- Liaise with the HR/Admin unit to ensure coordination of functions when official visitors are expected
Transport and Fleet Management:
- Manage drivers’ team.
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documents
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular reports.
- Monitor markets on vehicle rentals as per SCI security and safety standards.
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet including movement planning and day-to-day allocation of vehicles
TIM and Asset:
- Enter all new items purchased in SCI TIM software and ensure reconciling with Assets register.
- Manage and maintain Asset and Inventory list for SC Nigeria leased property. Ensure assets are numbered correctly.
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain Asset Condition reports.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Proper receipt of goods and issuance in TIM Warehouse package.
- Safety & security of stores
- Effective management of stock
Procurement and Supply:
- Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up and maintain record of supplies. Ensure that the items bought match the request, are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
- Ensure proper documentation that allows quick and efficient release of goods from the warehouse/s.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement under taken.
- Produce monthly logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Monitor generator maintenance/repairs and ensure at any given time, the tracker is up to date.
- Ensure monthly reports shared with Logistics coordinator and as well produce monthly Logistics KPIs.
- To train the drivers, guards and other logistics staff on all SCI procurement processes, assets management
- transport systems.
- Supervise and ensure all Logistics protocols are followed on NFIs, Food distributions etc
Scope of Role
To manage and support logistics, including the office vehicle fleet, assets, properties and an efficient procurement system to ensure transparency and accountability for SCI Nigeria.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Assets management
- Procurement files
- Warehouse management
- Generator management
- Support to programs teams during food basket distributions.
- Procurement processes
- Fleet management
Qualifications and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc/HND in Supply Chain Management or relevant field. Possession of a professional certificate in Purchasing & Supply Management will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar role.
- Experience in procurement & logistics with INGO
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Good experience in Warehousing, vehicle management, administration.
- Practical experience in working HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Valid clean driving license and sound driving skills.
- Commitment to SCI child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Good experience in: purchasing, clearing and forwarding.
- Experience in Logistics Management.
- Good written and spoken English required.
- Basic working knowledge of local language.
- Logistics training or qualification an added advantage.
- Experience and good team work (integration).
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st March, 2016.