The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated over 1,500,000 patients in 34 medical projects in some of the most challenging humanitarian contexts in the world. ALIMA’s team has grown from seven co-founders to 1,500 staff, its budget from 250,000 euros to 24 million in 2015, its network of medical partners from two to five, and its research activities from pilot phases to conducting the first large-scale clinical trial of anti-Ebola treatment in Guinea.
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager (M/F)
Job ID: #1873029
Mission and Main Activities
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all logistics related activities in the project area including all non-medical assistance related activities (shelter, food, water hygiene-sanitation and essential non-food items) and provide support to medical assistance activities, according to ALIMA standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- In collaboration with the Project Team and the Logistics Coordinator, define, implement and monitor logistics activities according the ALIMA plan, standards and protocols. This implies the following:
- Ensure the implementation of support (communications, electricity, transport, IT) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, Cold Chain, etc.)
- Manage and monitor the logistics of the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the line manager and the technical adviser
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the Project Coordination, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the logistics staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount ok knowledge required, improve people capabilities
- Implements, manages and monitors the application necessary reporting tools for logistics activities
- Compiles the quantitative logistics data (consummation, stocks, distributions) and analyses them before transmission to the project coordinator and the logistics coordinator
- Participate in exploratory missions / situation assessments and define logistics operational priorities when needed
- Participate in the development of the project policy, project proposal and project budget review
- Ensure installations and maintenance of functional office space and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living conditions as well as all the equipment required
- Ensure an appropriate supply chain for the Project with the direct support of the supply officer of the coordination
- Participate in the implementation of the technical choices, policies and logistics procedures defined by the line manager in the Project Security Guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with them, the correct use and maintenance of tools and documents for logistical monitoring. In the absence of the Field Coordinator and at the request of the Head of Mission, oversee security.
- Identify the local actors within the area of intervention: local authorities, NGOs, supplier, etc.
- Ensure good relationship with all the actors
- Coordinates, organizes, supervises, coach and supports logistics team members performance to improve the logistics components of the project.
Experience and Skills
- Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree;
- English Speaking, reading and writing, mandatory. French is an asset.
- Strong skills in Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills & people Management
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities. Desirable
- Previous experience with medical NGOs, and working experience in developing countries;
- Contract term: contract under French law, contract length: 3 months, renewable.
- Position to be filled: ASAP
- Depending on experience + per diem
- ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and covering letter to: [email protected] with the reference “Nigeria Logistics Manager” in the subject line.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2017.