GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Position Title: Logistics Manager
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Distribution
City: Port Harcourt
Postal Code: 500001
Relocation Assistance: No
Role Summary/Purpose: Develop long term direction for GE Oil & Gas Surface Logistics
- – Direct the importation and transportation of all product and goods for GE Oil & Gas Surface equipment.
- – Identify and execute cost reduction initiatives through mode shift, consolidation, and optimization of shipments
- – Manage freight forwarder and common carrier relationships
- – Provide input to Sales and Marketing regarding preferred sales terms (INCOTERMS) and cost/pricing for logistics value add service operations
- – Manage in-country inventory warehouse, material flow and service operations
- – Implement, manage, and report out on global logistics metrics
- – Direct and implement GE Oil & Gas Surface equipment shipping, traffic, transportation, distribution, freight forwarder, and brokerage services and policies
- – Identify and implement standardized best practices across multiple international shipping sites
- – Maintain files of all transportation and services
- – Manage and assist peers in interfacing with carrier management, carrier rate committees in rate negotiations
- – Monitor federal and state regulations with respect to freight and transportation .
- – Must be knowledgeable of transportation trends, pricing, and government regulations to protect GE Oil & Gas from illegal transportation practices and charges
- – Develop in/outbound logistics contingency plans to deal with supply chain uncertainties
- – Assist in preparing for financial and logistics reviews
- – Maintain a data warehouse of freight payment data and shipment data through freight payment services and shipping document reports
- – Manage maintenance of freight payment, claims management, proof of delivery and associated individual site requirements to meet the daily in/outbound operational needs
- – Liaise with the GE Compliance teams (global) to ensure absolute compliance
- – Take a lead role in developing logistics practices that benefit GE Oil & Gas
- – Manage the logistics cost center
- – Prepare and issue Shipper’s Letters of Instruction to freight forwarders
- – Develop, lead, and inspire global logistics team to provide excellent service in a best total cost environment
- – Prepare international shipping and invoicing documentation, research files, and answer questions regarding Export and Import regulations.
- – Arrange the packing, crating, and forwarding of orders according to customer request, or in accordance with company policy if not specified by customers.
- – Provide feedback to internal customers and regarding shipment pickup, tracking, clearance issues, or invoice discrepancies.
- – Four-year college degree in logistics management or business management with additional logistics training at a university level
- – 3 years or more experience managing logistics
- – Outstanding project management skills. Must be able to meet multiple commitments in cross-functional team environments under tight deadlines.
- – Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with internal customers in other countries
- – Strong presentation skills – must be comfortable and competent at presenting technical information to senior management and defending position.
- – Solid personal computer skills with strong capability with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- – Potential for advancing career one or two levels higher.
- – Organizational and teaming skills to lead purchasing efforts.
- – Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50%)
- – A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- – Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- – Action oriented—Enjoys hard work; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise
- – Decision quality– Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- – Planning– Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; evaluates results
- – Problem Solving– Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; senses hidden problems; is excellent at – and honest with – analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers
- – Time Management– Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply