For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters.
Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- The position of Logistics Assistant is based in Maiduguri and supports projects implemented in Borno State.
- The Logistics Assistant will assist the Logistics Manager when implementing and supervising all logistical activities. The Logistics Assistant will also lend its support to its manager carrying out urgent activities in addition to the filing and archiving of logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the logistics officer in their absence.
List of principal activities
- Management of supplies
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
- Management of equipment/telecommunications
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
- Human resource management
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistics officer
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: Logistics Manager
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and purchase orders
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Management of vehicle fleet
- Line Report (on base): 6 watchmen
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication
- Management and monitoring of IT equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Management of supplies
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Training: BSc in logistics, supply chain management, or any related field.
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very well organized, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player.
- Languages: English
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook
How to Apply