Fanfield Global Resources offers an extensive range of premium professional services designed to meet the growing and changing needs of the Nigerian oil & gas, Real Estate and Investment industry.
The operators we work with appreciate our reliability, competence and professionalism, whilst our clients benefit from our extensive use of technology in lowering their supply chain costs.
Thanks to our geographical reach and technical infrastructure, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. We deliver seamless services across many sectors of the Nigerian and West African oil and gas industry
Job Title: Logistics and Transportation Manager
• To ensure the product gets to the customer in the most efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
• To be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
• To help with managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.• Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
• Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
• Directing all transportation activities.
• Developing transportation relationships.
• To ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
• To direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• To analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
• To help arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
• To direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
• To be in charge of negotiating and bargaining transportation prices and dealing with the effects of congestion.
• Monitoring transport costs.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• To assist with purchasing and supplier management, materials management and manufacturing, inventory management and warehousing, distribution and transport, and customer service.
• Help delivering the finished goods to the customer.
• Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
• Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
• B.Sc in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain.
• Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
• Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager.
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
• Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
• An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
• Excellent geographical knowledge.
• Good people management and coordination skills.
• Excellent financial acumen.
How to Apply
interested candidates are to forward their cv to email@example.com with the position they qualify for used as the subject of the mail.