Lagos Business School is a leading institution in Africa dedicated to creating and transmitting business and management knowledge relevant to emerging markets.
Lagos Business School (LBS) has been ranked every year since 2007 by the Financial Times of London among global providers of executive education.
Job Title: Library Assistant
Reports To: Librarian
Position Type: Full-time
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative support and ensure efficient delivery of world class library service to users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Provide reference and information services to library clientele by answering questions, retrieving materials, assisting in referencing and basic bibliographic searches
- Prepares and circulate list of new arrivals
- Maintain and updates card catalogues using standard library guidelines & systems both manual & automated.
- Maintain circulation records, checks materials in and out of library & maintain library operational files.
- Compile newspapers/journals for binding
- Enforce silence in the reading area of the library
- Generate & send out Reminders/Overdue/Return notices to concerned library users
- Take physical inventory of library materials and compile relevant statistics for management report
- Prepare & paste spine labels on new/repaired/worn out materials
- Shelf/re-shelf new/consulted books & Journals
- Files loose leaf services, advance sheets, periodicals & supplements in appropriate binders. Removes appropriate materials & arrange disposition in line with Library policy
- Maintain and operates library equipment & systems, including computer, printers, copy machines, scanners, fax & others to improve and retrieve library specific information
- Any other duty specific or adhoc to be assigned by line manager from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Feedback on Customers satisfaction
- Inventory of library stock carried out annually
- Newspapers binding carried out at least twice annually
- Scheduled shelf reading concluded before 9.00 am
- Planning skills
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Excellent customer services skills
- Records management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking sills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of OND in Library Science or related discipline
At least 2 years’ experience in an academic environment or library.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to: [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE Friday, October 23, 2015
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.