Job Title: Librarian
- The University Librarian, who is a Principal Officer in the University is the Chief Library Officer of the University and is responsible to the vice – Chancellor for the administration of the University’s Library which houses a rich repository of books.
- He/she is also responsible for the coordination of all Library services.
- Candidates for the post must possess good honours Degree plus professional qualification in librarianship. A higher Degree and membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Candidate must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- Computer literacy and applications of ICT in library services is an essential requirement.
- He/she must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publication in reputable, peer-reviewed journals within and outside Nigeria.
- Candidate must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience preferably at the University level.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application accompanied with Fifteen (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Institution attended
- Full academic and Professional qualifications
- Work experience
- State of origin
- Name and addresses of three (3) Referees and copies of credentials.
Application should be send to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Ilara – Epe 106101,
Applicant are requested to inform their referees to send confidential reports on them direct to the above address from whom further details may be obtained.
Application Closing Date: 10th June, 2015.