MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Compliance
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Provide technical leadership/advice and advisory services tline management enterprise-wide and MTNN leadership tenhance the formulation and development of framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of MTNN operations with MTNN policies and procedures and all relevant statutory requirements and laws.
- Review regulatory policies/legislation and provide advisory support tManagement across MTNN ensuring the protection of MTN’s stakeholder interest.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide Compliance Manual and update internal processes and procedures as required due tregulatory changes.
- Support in the development of an Ethics Framework and deployment of the framework across the organisation – Act as a Corporate Ethics enforcement agent and Ethical leader and contribute in nsmall measure in establishing a sustainable ethical culture.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across MTNN.
- Monitor observance of compliance regulations and coordinate with the BRM team.
- Ensure the inclusion of the required level of risk analysis in relation tM&A transactions including requiring appropriate and timely risk analysis during the due diligence phase etc.
- Assist with developing and implementing a risk-based compliance monitoring and testing programme, identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting all material compliance risks across MTNN.
- Protect MTN assets by establishing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements tinternal control structure enterprise –wide.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc information and data reports tregulators and other stakeholders as required.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required twork extended hours
- Travel – local and international
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- LLB, BL
- 10 years working experience which should include:
- Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
- Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
- Demonstrated business acumen and superior judgment
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the Nigerian and global telecommunications industry.
- Experience of communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries and inspections.
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 6 years’ experience in a regulatory affairs function including “hands-on” regulatory compliance strategy within a reputable and structured organization
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
- On the job training
- Post Graduate courses in Telecommunications Regulations – relevant courses, seminars, conferences and workshops tinclude:
- Telecommunications Management training
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Competition Law
- GSM conferences /Industry for a Management Development Program
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th February, 2016.