The World Bank, a member of the World Bank Group, is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Our mission is to fight poverty with passion and professionalism for lasting results and to help people help themselves and their environment by providing resources, sharing knowledge, building capacity and forging partnerships in the public and private sectors.
The World Bank Group is launching a recruitment drive aimed at increasing the number of Sub Saharan Africans in its work force. This commitment to hire Sub Saharan Africans reflects the Bank Group’s senior leadership commitment for a diverse workforce in which African nationals can play a key role in fighting poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Employment opportunities will be in various technical areas and professional streams for talented and diverse young professionals and mid-career level professionals to contribute and grow their skills in a career in international development.
A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity for exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. Bank staff work with governments, civil society groups, the private sector, and others in developing countries around the world, assisting people in all areas of development, from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision of development projects.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Legal Officer Job Vacancy At The World Bank.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- The World Bank Group relies on legal professionals to deliver on our mission in several areas, including IFC investment transactions.
- IFC’s in-house Counsel play a critical role in investment teams by providing legal advice on debt and equity transactions, including structuring, preparing documentation, participating in negotiations, and managing relationships with outside counsel.
- IFC offers legal professionals a rewarding and challenging career with exposure to different transaction structures, sectors and markets, and an opportunity to contribute to private sector development.
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector.
- IFC finances investments, mobilizes capital in international financial markets, facilitates trade, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advisory services.
- Law degree and qualification to practice law in one or more jurisdictions
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in a law firm, financial institution, development institution or corporate environment
- Experience in cross-border transactions involving debt and/or equity and ability to independently handle complex corporate and commercial transactions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you are interested in this position, please click the link above to submit your application. You will be prompted to log in to the “Member Center” or “Create a New Account”. Please fill in all fields, answer the screening questions if any, attach your resume or CV, and submit your Statement of Interest (no more than 700 words).
- A select number of candidates will be interviewed in September and October 2015 in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa and Europe.
- Those applications that were not selected for interview during this campaign will be kept on file for up to one year and may be considered for future opportunities.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2015.