The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. The Legal Officer will provide legal services to the Institute and manage the secretariat of the Institute’s board.
The Institute of Human Virology is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Scheduled Work Times: Monday – Friday
Reports To: Director of Administration, Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Officer shall:
- Provide legal advice/opinion on various issues relating to the Institute and its subsidiaries
- Undertake legal research and legal interpretation of all relevant laws including the Institute’s staff, financial and other internal regulations
- Prepare agreements and other legal instruments as well as memoranda and correspondences
- Review all agreements and legal documents, which may create legal obligation for the Institute
- Oversee the registration and verification of contractors and consultants for the institute
- Work with external solicitors on cases involving the Institute
- Provide corporate policy guidance by providing advice on labor relations, employment law and benefits matter
- Update the details of the Institute and its subsidiaries at the Corporate Affairs Commission when necessary
- Coordinate other legal and related matters with external solicitors as may be needed/directed
- Perform such other administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and or the Director of Administration.
- Update the Institute’s details with relevant regulatory authorities when necessary
- Handle matters related to the board of directors and secretariat
- Handle matters related to the reflection of structural changes of the Institute.
- Provide legal guidance/advice on various issues such as corporate regulatory compliance, privacy, anti-trust and competition laws, advertising/promotional matters, corporate governance, fiduciary duty, ethics and strategic transactions within the Department of Administration/Institute, including the preparation of memoranda and correspondences
- Candidates should have an LLB, BL with a minimum of second class lower division
- At least 3 years post call experience
- Candidates with LLM may have an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Have good interpersonal, relationship management skills and possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to use initiative (be proactive)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills in English, written/verbal and diplomacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the “Associate Director, Human Resources” through this email address:[email protected]
Note: Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline 19th January, 2016.