- Review and draft a wide range of agreements and documents
- Provide administrative and other support
- Organize files/contracts, monitor calendars, document actions and data entry
- Track all legal contracts and develop a contract calendar
- Perform legal research on broad range of matters and local laws
- Perform other responsibilities assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in law
- At least 1+ years experience practising law with or clerking for a top law firm in the UK and Nigeria, or in-house with a leading Pay TV, VOD platform provider or Internet or Entertainment Company
- Comfortable with technology, mobile and commercial contracts
- Comfortable with film, television matters and production
- Experience with US law- desirable but not necessary
- Member of the Nigerian and United Kingdom bar
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside of area of expertise
- Able to work proactively, independently and under tight frames
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to adapt to changing situations and be solution –oriented
About This Company
iROKOtv.com is the subsidiary company of IROKO Partners, the world’s largest online distributor of African entertainment. Launched in 2010, the company has closed on four Series of VC funding totalling $21Mn.
Across all of our channels, we have reached over 6Mn unique viewers in 178 countries around the world.
– iROKO Partners operates www.irokotv.com (Nollywood movies) and www.iroking.com (Nigerian music)
– IROKO Partners is the largest licensee of Nollywood movies with over 5,000 movie titles in our library
– The company has been featured in international media outlets from FT, CNN, BBC, The Sunday Times, CNBC Africa, Reuters, Fast Company, New York Times, Techcrunch, Wall Street Journal, Le Monde, Pando Daily and many many more.
Our office based in Lagos, Nigeria.