The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences, Jos was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a Centre of Excellence for professional Training and Research in all aspects of mining and Geosciences. The institute is equipped with facilities required for acquisition of practical skills in mineral resources development. It focuses on producing skilled manpower for the emerging mining industry, therefore, the institute adopts deep, practical orientation by providing intensive field and laboratory training for all its students.
Applications are hereby invited form suitably qualified candidates for the Lecturer I Recruitment at The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences, Jos
Job Position: Lecturer I (CONRAISS)
- Candidates for this position must possess post-graduate qualification, preferable a PhD. degree in the relevant fields.
- Candidates must show evidence of continuing research and publications in the relevant fields over a period of time not less than fifteen years if the candidate has not already obtained a Ph.D. Degree.
- Computer literacy is required for this position.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates are requested to submit 15 copies of application and current curriculum vitae which should contain the following:
- Full names (surname first in block letters)
- Post applied for
- Place and date of birth
- Marital status
- Number of children and their ages
- Nationality and state of origin (if a Nigerian)
- Contact details (including GSM Numbers and E-mail)
- Permanent home address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates
- Working experience with dates
- Present employment status and salary
- List of publications where applicable
- Extra curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Applicants should request their referees forward their report under separate confidential cover)
All applications should be addressed to:
Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences Jos,
No. 1, Metropolitan Avenue,
N.B: Applicants should indicate at the top left hand corner of their envelopes the position they are applying for and note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Closing Date
9th of September, 2015.