The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa.
Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead System Administrator
Fuction/Domain: IT Delivery
- Leads technical support in the areas of computer hardware and software.
- Administers, configures, monitors and tests application servers for business and network operations.
- Implements and monitors daily data and application server backups, upgrades, and patches.
- Monitors the software and hardware inventory
- Provides suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions.
- Implements end user and application security and monitors storage capacities and performance for applications servers.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Microsoft Windows & Office desktop environment is required to ensure a strong foundation in the customer’s environment and ability to document systems engineering efforts.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services (SIS, SSRS); Oracle 10g/11g a plus Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and higher and Microsoft IIS6 or higher,; Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and IIS 7.5 preferred Microsoft .NET 2.0+ application (ASP.NET, Windows, Windows
- Leads daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware, network and server installations, configuration, systems and key processes, performance, testing, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, restores, and patches;
- Serves as a subject matter expert on major IT environment upgrades, enhancements, new functionality, capacities, performance, cost effectiveness, and business integrations.
- Provides input and recommendations on new potential technology
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 23rd October, 2015.