Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is a commission agent/performing a task on behalf of the exporter/importer routine tasks such as Loading/unloading of goods,storage of goods,arranging local transport, obtaining payment for his Customers. Our scope covers the area of freight forwarding and logistics services.
Job Title: Cargo Execution Manager
- Drives efficiency, productivity and innovation in tasks and scope
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with supervisors to obtain data required for planning department activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Manages and inspires cost-consciousness across functions to ensure constant reduction of costs
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget, using computer.
- Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Builds strong working relationships with key internal and external customers and authorities to achieve key targets and deadlines
- Lead by example in setting out customer focussed service standards and maintaining high quality focus on standards and procedures in line with company guidelines.
- Manage the administration and implementation of cargo warehouse processes and procedures and together with the appointed contractor(s) to ensure that customer service and cargo quality standards are attained within the agreed cost parameters to ensure maximum value attained from those selected service providers.
- Prepares reports and records on department activities for upper management, using computer.
- Drives high utilization of our vessels and assets and manages the load, discharge and transshipment process for migrated ports
- Optimizes and proactively plans transshipment volumes
- Has responsibility for reducing waste such as longstanding containers, renominations and cargo no-shows
- Drives cost reductions within his function
- Has responsibility for training and growing employees within his function, improves the way the team works
- Plan, and manage cargo team effectively across the territory ensuring optimal use of all resources available, plan for peak trading times accordingly.
- Assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to supervisors.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Manage the implementation of fiscal policies, procedures and accounting practices ensuring the timely collection of revenue, settlement of payables, and control of credit to maximise profitability’s from cargo operations.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Challenge and improves global standards
- Continuously monitor market trends, compile cargo related statistical information and provide feedback/recommend sales policies to Head Office using key relationship with Regional Manager.
- Educated to Diploma/Degree level in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a shipping and/or supply chain/ operations related role
- Specific knowledge of cargo execution activities/logistic experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills including fluent in English
- Team management & performance management skills
- Drive for result & Play to win mind-set
- Specific knowledge about port characteristics ( e.g. Customs regulations , terminal restrictions , authorities requirements etc. ) would be an added advantage
- Drive improvements through management and colleagues where required
- Process excellence with basic project management experience an advantage
- Good in computer skills , teamwork , internal and external stakeholder management
- Demonstrable experience of managing agent / customer relationships.
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
- Attend to customer requests and all issues related to Export/Import cargoes via call, email, fax and any possible channels within agreed timelines and as assigned by direct supervisor through task demarcation or on ad-hoc basis.
- Lead and manage Customer Service Representative (CSR) team to ensure departmental/company goals and objectives are met
- Provided extended follow up with customers via phone on Special cargo detail submission, Documentation improvement etc.
- Reach out timely to other stakeholders and functions in order to have timely coordination on solution offering to customers.
- Investigate customer’s problems and find solutions
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers
- Hire and train Customer Service Repss
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to our customer’s needs and objectives
- Analyze data and statistics
- Work with sales, IT specialists, warehouse supervisors, shipping and inbound freight coordinators
- Compile and print records on overall customer satisfaction
- Isolate and identify areas of improvement
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Working overtime as per task distribution as when required
- Bachelor Degree in Business,Foreign trade (or relevant field)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service or sales or fresh graduates with outstanding results will be considered.
- Team player
- Result Orientation
- Proactive co-operation and CARE capabilities
- Project management skills
- High sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated record of understanding and meeting customer expectations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 05/01/2017