Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait.
That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Safety Senior Manager
Job ID: 1030728
Job type: Full-Time, Regular
- Provide global process safety expert support to Pfizer Global Supply’s internal and external supply network, to ensure key risks are appropriately managed and compliance is maintained.
- At the direction of the Director/Leader Process Safety, establishes effective global processes and guidance to identify evaluate and address process safety risks at Pfizer locations.
- Supports Pfizer locations through expert process safety mentoring, training and counselling.
- Supports PGS and R&D stakeholders by providing expert process safety assistance in selection and development of key suppliers.
- Leads or supports process safety risk assessments for site capital projects and new process introduction.
- Participates in subject matter specialist audits and assessments of Pfizer sites and suppliers.
- Develops and delivers training programs in process safety topics.
- Undergraduate Degree in Chemical engineering.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years relevant process safety experience in chemical, biological or drug product manufacturing.
- Risk assessment/risk management knowledge with the ability to explain risk profiles and associated risk mitigation practices, therefore influencing others to comply.
- Active membership in at least one relevant professional body.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work across multiple countries and cultures.
- Ability to quickly assess EHS risks and consider business implications.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel or Environment Requirements:
- Required to travel local and/or internationally around 30%.
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours to accommodate international time zones.
Job Title: Regional QO Leader, Aseptic Asia
Job ID: 1027486
- Reporting to the VP Aseptic Quality Operations, the Regional QO Leader Aseptic Asia provides strategic and tactical leadership to the site quality organizations for three global aseptic manufacturing sites:
- Dalian, China;
- WuXi, China
- Perth, Australia.
- The Regional QO Leader Aseptic Asia ensures that Pfizer Quality Standards and cGMP requirements for manufacture of aseptic products are implemented and consistently followed.
- The position will be a member of the Aseptic Quality Leadership Team, and will be responsible for actively developing and contributing to network initiatives.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to Aseptic site QO units in Asia on all matters related to quality and cGMP compliance.
- Ensure consistency in achieving product quality and cGMP compliance across multiple manufacturing sites and global markets.
- Ensure that Pfizer Quality Standards and relevant drug substance/finished drug product requirements for manufacture of Aseptic products are implemented and consistently followed to establish site cGMP compliance.
- Ensure efficient and effective resolution of critical product quality/cGMP compliance issues.
- Provide support and guidance for major investigations and product quality and cGMP compliance issues as they occur.
- Work closely with the Aseptic Operating Unit QO Leader to make decisions on Aseptic site quality and cGMP compliance issues.
- Provides facilitation for key quality issues in preparation for AQRT’s.
- Provide support to sites where necessary for regulatory inspections (planning, execution and closeout) including support in preparation of responses to findings.
- Evaluate site quality and cGMP compliance risk, communicate risk and implement mitigation plans to reduce the risk to Pfizer and to Pfizer’s customers.
- Enable quality strategy and drive changes to support manufacturing product transfers associated with the sites.
- Interface with relevant functions (Regulatory, GCMC, other PGS site quality, supply chain, procurement, etc.).
- Endorse site QO budgets, staffing plans, QO organization and hiring/development of colleagues for key site QO positions.
- Provide support and GMP review for major site capital projects.
- Visit sites to review organization, product issues, facilities, capital projects, audit status, regulatory inspection status, complaints, operations and related topics.
- Provide performance management and development for direct reports (Site QO leaders).
- Collaborates with counterparts in Regulatory, Manufacturing, Legal, Supply Chain and other groups on projects and issues.
- Collaborates with site QO Center Leadership, Site Leaders and QO OpU Leaders on site quality initiatives and issues.
- Ensuring that sites monitor, trend and report Quality metrics in a highly disciplined way to drive continuous improvement and ensure a compliant state is maintained
- Fostering a culture where innovation, science and risk-based quality and colleague engagement thrive.
- Active member of the Aseptic Quality Forum
The candidate must have a thorough understanding of quality systems and global cGMP compliance requirements as they apply to commercial manufacturing. Expertise and substantial experience in manufacturing and/or quality oversight is required. Demonstrated experience in quality decision-making in a highly complex environment is essential.
Additionally, the successful candidate must be flexible with regard to changing and conflicting priorities, able to easily shift gears in terms of behavior and attitude in response to ambiguity and the needs of the situation.
Candidates will need the ability to address obstacles with energy and determination and exhibit commitment to change and passion for Pfizer’s best interests. Candidates should have the leadership skills necessary to engage, influence and motivate colleagues at all levels in the organization at all times, especially during periods of intense change.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- BSc in Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering or related scientific field; MSc, MBA or PhD in Pharmaceutical related field preferable.
- Proven leadership/facilitation skills and being able to involve several levels of an organization to successfully meet the objectives.
- Experience working with complex organizational and ability to work across functions and with all levels of the organization where the incumbent may not have direct authority.
- Strong organizing and planning skills and a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated change agility to successfully manage high degree of complexity and priorities.
- Experienced with Quality Risk Management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with agility in a highly diverse environment.
- Proven ability to work long-distance with direct reports and supervisor maintaining effective communication across multiple levels of the organization across diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing & managing effective teams.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience, including 10 years experience in the pharmaceuticals and consumer industries, performing manufacturing, technical services, research or QA functions.
- Minimum 10 years QA-related experience is necessary and 5 years of site Quality management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US, European and global cGMPs, compliance issues, inspectional trends, industry quality assurance practices and systems, and personal management skills.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin.
- The candidate must have had center or site operational experience in a GMP-regulated environment with a proven track record of effectively supporting a moderate to large size quality unit.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization is essential. Willingness to be inclusive and embrace team principles is necessary.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, problem-solving environment.
Job Title: GCO Director, Knowledge Architecture
Job ID: 1030207
- Develop and implement completely novel global Commercial Operations, Knowledge, & Portal/Platforms Management practice, process, workflows, operational data analytics and reporting, and technology infrastructures within global Business Analytics and Insights (BAI) operation and Global Commercial Operations (GCO).
- Directly lead and contribute to global operating model transformation, speed to market, significant reductions in budget and efficiencies, and operational long-range value delivery at enterprise levels for both Global Commercial Operations (GCO) and Business Analytics and Insights (BAI).
- This is a virtual role based in Europe, preferred location Walton Oaks, UK.
Are you energized by leading efforts in business transformation that have direct impact on business performance through strategically enhanced analytic and commercial operations service delivery? Are you motivated by working with talented people from countries and cultures across the globe, and by having opportunity to work across different functional areas of expertise to execute new business models and ways of working through the application of digital execution, virtual collaboration, social technology, analytics, reporting, and digital knowledge management?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Pfizer Global Commercial Operations, Knowledge and Operations Knowledge Architecture Center of Excellence. The global department is primarily focused on leading business transformation efforts that focus on launching and enabling global platforms and strengthening the operating models of internal commercial services and analytics organizations at Pfizer to meet the changing needs of business unit clients. The available role is for an experienced lead with executive presence who will be responsible for global projects with an EU regional emphasis in stakeholder management and execution. Fundamental to the role is the ability to influence without authority, lead change management, and understand key stakeholders (business unit clients, analytics colleagues, commercial operations colleagues) and their business challenges in the EU markets at Pfizer. This opportunity manages highly visible efforts with significant exposure to executive senior leaders at Pfizer.
- Leads assessment, research, design, development, execution, and measurement of new, GCO and BAI portals/platforms, operations, and knowledge management strategies globally and within regions.
- Ideates, identifies, designs, creates, implements and sustains operations & knowledge management methods, tools, processes, and solutions for global GCO and BAI implementation.
- Executes responsibilities across program development & management, technical & functional delivery, and business partnership domains with senior GCO and Business Unit (BU) stakeholders in one of the newest GCO/BAI functional areas of exceptional complexity requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, business, analytic, operations, digital strategy expertise, and influence.
- Deploys significant leadership, influence, and transformation management capability in unusually complex interactions across multiple geographies, countries, and across GCO and BAI matricies.
- Executes both independently and as part of a solid line and complex matrix reporting team.
- Acts independently to uncover and resolve issues and create process and technology solutions associated with the development and implementation of operational programs, knowledge and expertise sharing, workflow, tools, and reporting development, and works as part of a complex, broader team.
- Prime consultant/implementer and Operations/Knowledge leader to GCO and BAI regional and global teams to ideate, identify, design, create, implement and sustain critical operating and knowledge management solutions
- Collaboratively build a knowledge management operating model to transform GCO and BAI operations across the domains of people, process, and technology with scalable frameworks
- Provide global and regional expertise, insights, and influence on knowledge asset management (understand and influence workflow, develop knowledge maps, assess flow needs, and influence change to drive greater efficiency, effectiveness, re-use, hard dollar savings and value from BAI operations and GCO ); viewed as expert in field within Pfizer
- Plan and lead KA communication and transformation strategy and efforts globally and within region
- Co-lead and influence KA Collaboration initiatives, Communities of Practice [CoP], Knowledge exchange comprised of all levels of GCO and BAI colleagues with senior GCO, BAI, and BU functional executives
- Develop, track, measure, and insight driven reporting of GCO and BAI KA KPIs to drive influence
- Ensure Global Knowledge Management solutions drive global transformation and align with global and regional business partner requirements
- Partner with senior GCO & BAI leaders, Procurement, BT and external vendors/suppliers to scope, develop, and implement sophisticated and highly advanced, new KA processes and technology applications to accomplish long-range GCO and BAI objectives
- Identifies, designs, and implements transformational KA approaches requiring significant senior leadership, organizational, analytic and reporting, and operational alignment and influence. Attuned to the technology enabled knowledge management and information sharing trends within and outside the pharma sector
- Educational qualification, MA/MS/MBA in Management, Marketing Research, Statistics, Operations, IT, Info Science required
- Certification(s): Knowledge Management, Technology, Statistics, Change Management, Consulting, Business Process Management preferred
- Proven seasoned experience in Technology, Consulting, BPO, Operations, Analytics
- Knowledge/Information Management
- Business Process & Workflow
- Business Transformation
- Learning Agility
- Cross-cultural Awareness & Engagement
- Business Partnership
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID in the Job ID Box, and click “Search”
or select Nigeria and click “Search”
Application Deadline 29th March, 2016.