The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22nd of May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was created upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the utilization of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of the water.
In an effort to meet today’s challenges, the Lake Chad Basin Commission Headquarters in N’Djamena is undergoing a reform and reviewing its manpower needs to deliver its products in an efficient and effective manner as directed by the Council of Ministers Extra-Ordinary session held in N’Djamena in 2015.
The job positions outlined bellow are therefore required to be filled by competent and capable persons from its member states:
Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) recruitment, September 2015 – [email protected]
Job Title: HR Officer (Analytics)
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Enquiries to: HR-Division
Reporting line: The position reports to the HR P and D expert
The Executive Secretariat of the LCBC is currently searching for a Human Resource Officer (Analytics). The responsibilities include but not limited:
- Analyse the needs for staff (in qualitative and quantitative terms) in line with LCBC objectives in terms of expected output to ensure achievement of this output, checking with all managers what skills & competences are needed (quality, quantity)
- Administrate performance measurement and analyse the results, follow up on consequences
- Design, implement, monitor and analyze relevant HR KPIs
- Pro-actively support all HR planning & controlling activities
- Pro-actively drive relevant continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure accurate and regular HR reporting
- Maintain the HR Information system
- Support the Division in managing the HRIS to provide timely information and updates on staff status
Qualification & Experience
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a relevant field (HR, Commercial business science, social science)
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR-related fields, obtained mainly at international or regional level.
- Experience with multicultural team
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools
- Computer literacy in current MS Office programmes and special task-related software is a prerequisite
- Language: Fluency in English and/or French;
- Age limit: 45 years old
- Contract duration: 3 years (renewable) subject to performance evaluation
- Category: C5 of the LCBC Service scheme.