Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria’s premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
Job Title: Research Fellow Department: Centre for Infrastructure, Policy, Regulation & Advancement (CIPRA)
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Purpose of Position: To lead the conduct of research on physical and social infrastructure aimed at developing models for sustainable development. Drive advocacy for stakeholders’ management to improve state of infrastructure, while impacting on policy initiatives. Manage the Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- To be responsible for the general management of the Centre
- To develop projects to strengthen and expand the existing programme of research in CIPRA
- Design and conduct a successful programme of investigation. Present research at national and international conferences and meetings as appropriate
- Publish research output in high quality peer reviewed national and international journals on infrastructure development
- Develop research network locally and internationally in support of the research programmes of the centre. Monitor activities of similar research centres in other institutions and explore areas of collaboration.
- Initiate and contribute to high quality proposals for external research funding of CIPRA programmes.
- Develop and maintain relationship with public and private sector organizations, NGOs etc. aimed at advancing the CIPRA research objectives, attracting funding and capacity building
- Supervise Research Assistants at the centre, facilitate knowledge transfer, coaching and mentoring
- Provide report on assigned responsibilities by the Centre Director and on the activities of the Centre.
- To maintain close liaison with the Director of the Centre to ensure delivery of high quality output to meet the vision of the Centre.
- Schedule meetings and act as secretary of the Advisory Board of the Centre
- To perform other relevant duties that may arise from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of research output
- Number of published work from the centre
- Research funding attracted
- Quality and quantity of collaborations developed
- Feedback from funding organizations and stakeholders
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Financial management – budgeting and budget controls; managing expenses
- Managing people
- Ability to create and maintain business networks/relationships
- Office administration experience (and good IT literacy essential)
- Analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodology skills
- Sector expertise in telecommunications, power, transport
- Stakeholders management
- Proposal writing skills
- Excellent proficiency in computer usage including statistical package
- Working knowledge of managing funding organizations
- At least a PhD Degree or its equivalent preferably in the field of social science and management
- Previous cognate publication in learned journals is a plus
- Relevant professional membership
- Minimum of ten years post graduate research experience.
- Demonstration of international research experience.
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants