Lagos Business School delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria’s premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
Job Title: Communication Officer
Purpose of Position:
To create and manage the perception of LBS as a world-class brand with in-depth local knowledge of business and management among key stakeholders
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include but not limited to the following:
- Generate content for the website and annual report – research and compile news stories and relevant information about the School and faculty.
- Prepare and issue news releases about conferences and other major school events held throughout the year.
- Manage internal communications
- Assist in executing cross functional projects such as the career fair, alumni exhibitions, graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Manage the store of branded items
- Manage relationships with and prepare payments for vendors; keep records of all payments made.
- Build and manage relationships with the press. Prepare and issue press invitations to media houses for major school events held throughout the year.
- Work with the graphic artist to prepare newspaper adverts, in-house flyers and posters for the school’s programmes. Monitor for quality and accuracy of content.
- Staff newsletter project management – work with the graphic artist to prepare the monthly staff newsletter after researching and compiling stories and relevant information.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Monthly development and circulation of internal newsletter.
- Sustained cordial relationship maintained with all external stakeholders
- Operational efficiency
- Generation of two news stories per week for the website and e-newsletter.
- Efficient Agency, Media and vendor relationship management
- Brand guidelines and verbal quality control enforcement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of corporate communication/ public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative writing skills and conceptualization
- Self-motivated with a zeal for continuous professional improvement.
- Results-focused, a self-starter, energetic and able to work with minimum supervision
- Business writing, journalistic and administrative skills
Bachelors’ degree in any discipline (preferably Mass Communication or English)
Should have at least 2-3 years’ experience working in similar role
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.