Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International is establishing a new clinic to expand the country programme in Nigeria to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Reporting to: Centre Coordinator
- The post holder is required to demonstrate initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development; to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Create a friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere for all clients and visitors to the laboratory to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Maintain laboratory equipment (including calibration) in a proper working condition and prompt report of any malfunction to the centre coordinator.
- Keep record of stock, perform forecasts and ensure reagents and other laboratory consumable do not fall below minimum level
- Perform regular Quality control on laboratory reagents after supply and before use
- Ensure specimen are obtained in the appropriate manner
- Maintain accurate records of all tests performed and the result of such tests
- Assist to provide counselling on core MSION Clinical services in the Laboratory.
- Able to sign off on a lab results and take responsibility when there is an error in diagnosis
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- MUST be licenced and have a valid practicing licence
- At least 1 year post-graduation experience working in a similar role [ESSENTIAL]
- Outstanding computer skills (Microsoft Word, excel, power point). [ESSENTIAL]
- Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Nigeria and of good standing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with their CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title / Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th July, 2015.