KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world finding solutions and adding value.
Job Title: Strategic Business Lead Role
Strategic Business Lead Role in a Leading Financial Institution
Ref #: SGM/0316
- Established in 2007, our client is one of the leading Financial Services Institution within its sector/ business segment. The company has over 25 branches in Lagos and has a strong focus on providing exceptional services covering risk assets, savings, micro-insurance and e-commerce. The company has equity investments from key players within the industry and from international investors such as the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank.
- In 2014, the company won the EFInA Financial Inclusion Award in recognition of its effort in promoting financial inclusion.
- In line with its vision to consolidate its market leadership position, the company is looking to hire an exceptional individual with the requisite executive skills and experience to fill the position of Senior General Manager.
Detailed Job Description
Role Summary – Senior General Manager:
- Reporting to the Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will support the CEO and will have overall responsibility for the formulation and execution of the company’s strategy for the consumer and commercial banking market segment in line with the business objectives agreed by the Board.
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Participate in projects geared towards new product/ service development and or product / service enhancement by giving appropriate guidance on required checks, controls, processes and procedures in line with leading practices within the sector.
- Supervise assigned divisions/departments to achieve efficient, productive and profitable portfolio growth in line with corporate strategy.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance review reports to the Board.
- Participate in other Executive Management Committees and other related tasks.
- Provide strategic input and direction for the development of performance targets, including on-going monitoring to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Build the organizational structures and business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Ensure business compliance with the company’s policies, procedures and corporate governance expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree, preferably in a Numeric discipline e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, etc. or related field with a minimum of Second Class Honors (Lower Division).
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline. An MBA or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations such as ICAN, CIBN, CFA, ACIB etc.
- A minimum of 15 – 20 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable, particularly within a microfinance bank with international ties.
- School of African Microfinance
- Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
- Prior working experience in international organization such as World Bank, DFID, ILO, IFC etc. will be an added advantage
- Strong communication skills.
- Attendance at relevant development programmes such as those listed below would be an added advantage:
- Boulder Institute of Microfinance Training
- Harvard Business School-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance
Competency/ Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market.
- Prior experience leading functions such as:
- Banking Operations
- Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
- Finance/Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
To apply for this position, Click Here