Now, more than 50 years after it began, Coffey is a Tetra Tech company. Having joined Tetra Tech in 2016, we are now part of a much larger global network of experts than ever before. We’re delivering smart solutions for our clients – and providing the innovation and insight that comes from a proud history of delivery.
Growth and Employment in States Wholesale and Retail Sector (GEMS4) is a market development project in Nigeria. It is funded by DFID/UKaid and the World Bank. The GEMS4 mandate is to stimulate market system changes that encourage growth and access; resulting in the creation of 10,000 new jobs and increased incomes for 500,000 people, especially for the poor and for women.
Visit http://gemsnigeria.com/gems-4/ for more information about the project.
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communication Officer (KMCO)
The Knowledge Management and Communication Officer (KMCO) reports to the Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist (KMCS) and work in close collaboration with all intervention managers, business development coordinators and the monitoring and evaluation team to support the development of project materials.
The main duties of the Knowledge Management and Communication Officer include:
- Maintain the project’s social media engagement, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, website, blog
- Supporting the development of project documents and being responsible for the formatting and graphic design of communication material, including initiative profiles, project fact sheets, case studies, success stories, quarterly and annual reports
- Regularly developing information and editorial content for GEMS4’s website
- Regular updating of the project stakeholder contact list and mailing lists
- Providing support to the Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist during planning and execution of KM events such as “Food for thought” and the “Knowledge Fair”
- Graduate qualification in Humanities (i.e. literature, philosophy, international relations, history, communication studies, law, politics, linguistics) or in project management
- The ideal candidate must be attentive to detail, highly organised, flexible and self-motivated with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the development sector within the Nigerian context would be an advantage
- He/she must clearly display the ability to work in a complex environment, with multiple tasks, tight deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Graphic design proficiency, experience designing layout of art and copy using Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Training or certification in Knowledge Management and/or Communications is an added advantage
- Ability to work as part of a team with at least 4 years’ experience in a coordinating role
Duration: To start as soon as possible to the project end in June 2017
Location: Abuja, Nigeria, with frequent travel to other project destinations
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job reference number.
Applications close: 11 March 2016
Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date