KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is the principal international non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and to strengthening health systems against TB, globally and locally. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in national and international contexts. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; this includes doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of the second ‘killer’ infectious disease and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s we also share our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world.
We operate from the central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, regional offices and additional country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Job Title: Senior Finance and Administration Officer
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer oversees the overall financial administrative function of KNCV TB Foundation in Nigeria. He or she is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by providing operational accounting, management and logistical support to facilitate the implementation of the activities under KNCV in Nigeria. He or she ensures that administrative and contractual operations and financial management systems are conducted according to KNCV regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice. The Senior Finance and Administration Officer supervises administrative staff and provides management support to the technical assistance team to facilitate the implementation of the activities under KNCV TB Foundation program in Nigeria.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Deputy Director Operations of KNCV Nigeria.
Duties and responsibilities
As Senior Finance and Administration Officer you will:
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative and financial systems and procedures in compliance with USG/GF/GoN and KNCV requirements;
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to donors and management;
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative and financial systems in the country and regional offices;
- Supervise the KNCV TB Foundation’s financial, administrative staff in both the Country Office in Abuja and the 3 Regional Offices (Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Kano);
- Assist the Country Representative Officer and Deputy Director Operations in managing the financial, administrative and contract issues in collaboration with the project partners;
- Assist in local procurement of equipment and supplies in compliance with procurement guidelines – obtain quotations, VAT exemptions, waivers and all other documentation required in compliance with KNCV and/or Donor regulations;
- Ensure the development of annual workplans/budgets as well as quarterly state and regional budgets.
- Be responsible for the general day to day financial and administrative management of KNCV Nigeria;
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of financial resources and assets;
- Communicate regularly to the Senior Management on the financial status of the projects and funds availability for project activities;
- Review, plan and process the local cash flow including fund transfers and requests to KNCV TB Foundation Head Office;
- Facilitate and coordinate all audits for the Country Office;
- Work with, and train, the field-based financial staff in ensuring the implementation of both KNCV policies and procedures and standard accounting practices;
Who are we looking for?
- Academic level of working and thinking (preferably Master Degree in Business Administration or a Public Health degree with a focus on project management or equivalent);
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 15 years of experience in project and operational management, with a minimum of 5 years at senior level in a USAID funded project;
- Working experience in TB and/or TB/HIV project implementation is an advantage, as is working experience in the public health sector;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge and experience working with donors (USAID/GF/EU) is essential;
- At least 5 years working experience in Africa, preferably in Nigeria;
- Leadership support;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Problem solving;
- Culturally sensitive;
- Ability to function well in a challenging environment.
- Analytical and strategic thinking;
- Helicopter view with ability to zoom in;
- Performance and results oriented;
You will make frequent duty travels within Nigeria, and sometimes abroad.
Please note that in view of the security situation in Abuja, this is a single posting, not a family posting.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract up to a total of 4 years;
- Pension Scheme with Pension Fund ‘Zorg en Welzijn’ (depending on the contract);
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment, where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply before 31st January, 2016.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team at [email protected] Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person