Kampala International University (KIU) is a private University chartered by the Republic of Uganda. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Association of African Universities as well as the Inter University Council of East Africa.
KIU is also a vast Regional institution with two Campuses in Uganda, a constituent College in Dares Salaam, Tanzania, and a Campus in Nairobi Kenya.
The University is renown to offer a variety and wide range of programmes in different fields including Science and Technology, Engineering, Management, Humanities, Education, Laws and Health Sciences.
Applications are hereby invited for the below position as full time Academic Staff:
- Senior Lecturer (Social Work and Social Administration)
- Senior Lecturer (Mass Communication)
- Senior Lecturer (Applied Psychology)
- Senior Lecturer (Special Needs Education)
- Senior Lecturer (Educational Psychology)
- Senior Lecturer (Computer Science)
- Senior Lecturer (Economics)
- Senior Lecturer (Statistics)
- Senior Lecturer (Accounting and Finance)
- Senior Lecturer (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Senior Lecturer (Human Resources Management)
- Senior Lecturer (Information Systems)
- Senior Lecturer (Mechanical Engineering)
- Senior Lecturer (Civil Engineering)
- Senior Lecturer (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- Senior Lecturer (Environmental Management)
- Senior Lecturer (Survey)
- Senior Lecturer (Applied Sciences)
- Senior Lecturer (Commercial Law)
- Senior Lecturer (Law and Jurisprudence)
- Senior Lecturer (Public Administration and Management)
- Senior Lecturer (Political Science)
- Senior Lecturer (Development Studies)
- Senior Lecturer (Curriculum Studies)
- Senior Lecturer (Foundations)
- Senior Lecturer (Science Education)
- Senior Lecturer (Arts Education)
- Senior Lecturer (Public and Corporate Law)
Slots: 4 for each position
Contract period: Three years renewable on satisfactory performance.
Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities)
- To teach and supervise students on placement, and lecture courses and/ or subjects which are consistent with your academic background and competence of the college
- To develop a marking scheme for the courses taught.
- To carry out progressive assessments and mark examinations scripts of the courses taught
- To set, invigilate and process University examinations.
- To attend departmental and Faculty Board meetings.
- To develop and continually improve the curricula of courses and/or subjects.
- To research and publish academic articles and! or books in your area of specialization.
- To advise students and colleagues on appropriate subject matters consistent with the academic background and training.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned to you by the relevant University Authorities.
Qualification and Experience
- Qualifications is Ph.D from a reputable university.
- At least 4 years of experience in teaching and handing student placements.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and work as a team member in order to achieve institutional goals
- Ability to function independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to medical research health ethics, as provided
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to successfully manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work on standard working hours in order to ensure successful operations of services
An attractive package as per the University Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and Academic papers to the emails below:firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +256 782 642 989
Note: Applications for August 2016 intake is open apply now.
Application Deadline 13th July, 2016.