eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Job type: Full Time
Department: Software Development
- The Junior Developer is responsible for analysing, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, re-engineering and troubleshooting customer’s’ applications, whilst working with other team members using established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ability to solve problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Works closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Collaborates with product owners, team leads and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based applications
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
- Analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality
Qualifications and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- 1 – 4 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply