Mott MacDonald – Cambridge Education is a leading international management consultancy firm and part of one of the world’s largest engineering and consulting firms, Mott MacDonald, employer of over 16.000 people in over 140 countries worldwide, working in a wide range of sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and environment, health and education, oil and gas, industry, power and communications.
Cambridge Education specialises in international development work and is committed to support the Sustainable Development Goals. As part of Mott MacDonald’s International Education Division in 2014 alone, we delivered over 100 education projects in 31 countries worldwide. We work for the multi- and bi-lateral international donor and lending agencies: including the African and Asian Development Banks, the EU, and the World Bank, DFID, USAID and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Education Adviser
Job Ref: 21578BR
Job Category: Education, International development
- The Junior education adviser we seek will support the work across our education portfolios (http://www.camb-ed.com/Experience/Ourprojects/ ), which include projects in Nigeria (www.esspin.org/) , Tanzania (www.equip-t.org/ ), Ghana (http://t-tel.org), India, Pakistan, Uganda and many other countries, and range across a broad spectrum of education challenges including teacher education, basic education, technical and vocational as well as whole system and school improvement. Candidates with a strong interest in these areas are encouraged to apply.
- Your main responsibility will be to assist with winning projects.
- This comprises the consolidation of information on tender leads, the preparation of expressions of interests, supporting the coordination of technical proposals, and searching for international and local experts to work on new and/or ongoing projects and programmes.
- You will though have a diverse role including assisting in knowledge and product development, as well as supporting the acquisition of projects and programmes, facilitating project and programme management and providing technical inputs to projects and programmes.
- You will work in an international and dynamic team of consultants, under the guidance of a Portfolio Leader.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- A masters degree in a subject related to International Development
- A personal commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals and eagerness to contribute to the development of countries in the South
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, both in a team and individually
- Excellence in building partnerships with clients, consultants and colleagues
- Good conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to plan and organise activities efficiently to achieve given objectives
- Work experience in an international setting
- Experience as a teacher is an advantage
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English , additional languages is an advantage
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook)
- Cambridge Education offers you an exciting and challenging opportunity in a professional environment.
- Cambridge Education is an equal opportunities employer.
- This is reflected in attractive conditions to create a good balance between work and private life.
- The position will be based at our head office in Cambridge.
- The salary and benefits are in keeping with our status as a global multi-disciplinary consultant.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online