Jumia, is Nigeria’s no.1 online retailer that was established in May 2012 with the aim and vision to become the one-stop shop for retail in Nigeria with implementation of best practices both online and offline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Improvement Specialist – Supply Chain
- As a Process Improvement Specialist – Supply Chain, your objective is to identify and communicate metrics for measurement of continuous improvement along with monitoring and analyzing quantitative and qualitative results related to initiatives on a continual basis.
- Setting best in class processes to ensure great customer and seller experience within best cost efficiency including full implementation and regular trainings
- Monitoring of 5S practices and Material handling
- Regular audit of data on JS processes
- Strong Project Management background with demonstrated success in Continuous Improvement and/or business Value Streams.
- Mitigate any likely risks in SCM Processes / Practices and Customer experience.
- Monitoring daily and weekly operations KPI and Ensure a continuous improvement of performance of our processes through Kaizen, Just-In-Time and Toyota 7 wastes methodologies
- Participate in implementing lean management practice across Jumia Services globally
- Participate in technology development by giving constant feedback on requirement for Warehouse & logistics operations.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus a minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in lean manufacturing environment with experience leading or being a key contributor to a lean transformation initiative required.
- Experience in the area of Logistics / Customer Service / Account management/SCM in online or offline retail formats / FMCG companies.
- Must have experience using lean manufacturing tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks, LMS, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
- Highly motivated, customer-obsessed, flexible to deal with constantly changing demands to drive improvements on behalf of Jumia customers in a fast-paced production environment.
- Passionate about e-commerce and operations in Africa.
- Must be customer focused
- Attention to details is a must
- Must have influencing skills
- Excellent time management is key
- Proven ability to manage crisis is important
- Must be process oriented
- Structured analysis skills are key
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply