Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
We are currently looking for young talented, customer centric, professionals with offline sales experience in Nigeria to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship:
Job Title: Senior Buyer Fashion
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Category Management
- A Senior Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell on a retail platform.
- When sourcing products, Buyers must focus on two areas: sourcing new product along with ensuring improved prices are obtained on existing items to maximize profits.
- A full understanding of the customer’s needs is required to ensure not only is a commercially viable range provided, but it is done at competitive prices.
- Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand are also key elements of the role. Retail buyers have a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy in what is often a pressured environment.
The position Senior Buyer – Fashion entails:
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends and reacting to changes in demand
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation such as Finance, Inbound & Production Teams to ensure products are sourced and uploaded to the site seamlessly
- Attending trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- participating in promotional activities;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/MA/MBA in retail or business
- Commercial Awareness & Creative Flair
- Strong interest in fashion
- Driven individual who can self- motivate
- Strong demonstration of the following skills: Analytical, Negotiation Leadership Communication, Teamwork & Interpersonal
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets
- At least 2 years of working in a corporate environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online