Juan Industries Chemicals is proud to be the leading supplier of Laboratory Chemicals & Reagents, Laboratory Glassware, Laboratory Consumables, Microbiological Products, Diagnostic Products, Laboratory Instrumentation, Medical Equipment, Milk Testing Products, School Lab Products, Industrial Chemicals, and Lab design service throughout Nigeria. Our products are sourced from leading manufactures from around the world. We provide cost effective, qualitative products at all times. Juan Industries is currently seeking for highly motivated Microbiologists with strong background and work experience. Our products and services are sourced from leading manufactures from around the world. We provide cost effective, qualitative products at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Microbiologist
Our Microbiologists study organisms that cause infections, including viruses, bacteria, Achaea, fungi, algae and protozoa. They focus on the biology of microorganisms at both the molecular and cellular level, as well as their ecology.
Typical work activities
- Observing, monitoring and identifying microorganisms
- Tracking of microorganisms in a range of environments
- Monitoring and assessing samples from a range of sources
- Developing products, such as enzymes, vitamins, hormones, and antimicrobials
- Growing microbial cultures, e.g. for use in the food and beverage industry or in agriculture
- Working with specialist computer software to undertake studies and research
- Managing and overseeing laboratory work.
- Using a variety of identification methods, including molecular techniques, to test samples
- Developing new techniques, products and processes
- Developing and planning methods to prevent the spread of disease
- Developing and registering new medicines, vaccines, diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical products
- Planning, implementing and evaluating new products in clinical trials
Our microbiologists may also undertake activities in the office, and elsewhere, depending section or department in which they work, which may include:
- Planning and organizing resources and activities;
- Keeping up with new research and attending national and international conferences and other events;
- Liaising with colleagues from non-scientific departments;
- Providing information and advice to colleagues and external bodies.
- Following regular sampling schedules within a specific environment;
- Collecting samples from different types of environments, such as agricultural sites;
- Quality control in manufacturing processes, e.g. checking for signs of contamination;
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records;
- Writing up research findings and producing reports;
Qualifications and Training Required
- A 2.1 degree in a relevant course such as biochemistry, microbiology, biology, chemistry, immunology, physics, bio-medical science, biotechnology, medical physics/electronics or genetics is required for entry. A postgraduate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th November, 2015