Joint Initiative for Development (JID) is a Non-profit, youth-led and focused organization run by young people between the ages of 18 and 35 years old. The organization is duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a Non Governmental Organization.
The organization is formed from the need to inspire young persons and indeed citizens to get involved in the community development process. We are of the opinion that a community can not be effectively developed by isolating its constituents. This has therefore formed our assertion that the involvement of community dwellers in the community development process will aid the development of such community
Job Title: Web Designer and Digital Media Manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage and create Websites & mobile applications.
- Provide excellent Web management experience and work collaboratively with staff, and management.
- Excellent web/digital media project management and estimating experience.
- Fluent in development optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner.
- Partner with internal and external content managers, to ensure sites meet both client and organizational needs, align with the brand strategy platform, and meet W3C Web standards.
- Market and present web/digital strategies to diverse audiences, manage multiple projects and maintain schedules.
- 1-3 years, plus 1 year management experience of Web projects
- B. Sc in Computer Science or related degree.
- Additional certificates specifically on Web Design and Mobile Application Development will be of added advantage.
The Person should have advanced knowledge of most of the following:
- W3C Web standards, WAI, ADA & Sections 508 and 504 compliance
- Preferred-XML, AJAX, RSS, PHP, ASP, SQLserver, ActionScript, Flash rich internet applications
- Macromedia suite: Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash, ColdFusion
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter (stating previous websites designed) to [email protected]