John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a US-based international public health consulting firm that manages projects/contracts in Nigeria through its integrated office in Abuja. Through the Partnership for Supply Chain Management consortium, JSI implements the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project for the US Government as part of the US Presidents Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PSPFAR). The purpose of the project is to establish and operate a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable supply chain management system to procure pharmaceuticals and other products needed or the care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections.
JSI implements the USAID I DELIVER project, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), a global technical assistance project aimed at increasing the availability of essential health supplies through procurement services and assistance designed to strengthen health commodity supply chains in developing countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance & Administration
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- JSI seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Director of Finance and Administration position for a USAID – Integrated Health Program in Nigeria. This Program will be the flagship health project on USG support for improvements in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health outcomes in Nigeria.
- The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing the finance and administrative functions of the program.
- The Director for Finance and Administration reports directly to the Country Director.
- This position is contingent upon award to JSI.
- The Director for Finance and Administration is a full-time position and will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Oversee the project financial and administrative operations including; but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontract/subaward -award management, and accounting/finance;
- Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the award and JSI policy;
- Prepare budgets for annual work-plans and financial reports for USAID/Nigeria.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other key personnel to ensure resources are effectively and efficiently budgeted and managed to achieve activity deliverables.
- Develop and oversee the financial capacities of all TOs under this award;
- Develop and oversee internal control measures for the award;
- Oversee audit processes including conducting internal reviews and coordinating external financial audits for all TOs;
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant fields;
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and/or supply chain management for the implementation of public health programs in low- and/or middle-income countries;
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance;
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards;
The Remuneration commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: No phone calls please. Principals only please.
Application Deadline Open until the position is filled.