Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading support vessel company in the marine industry, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Port Engineer
Job Reference: 1066
Location: Port Harcourt
- Reporting to Technical Superintendent of all works carried out on a daily basis.
- Attendance of all vessels during port calls, ensuring the proper allocation of available resources to complete technical work lists relating to electrical/ electronics.
- Assist with the preparation of repair and dry dock specs along with Technical Supt, Master and Chief Engineer of the vessel. Liaise with contractors during repairs and dry docking.
- Developing safe working practices for workshop personnel. The operation, administration and supervision of the workshop personnel.
- Attending all classification/client surveys.
- Rectification of any recommendations and or deficiencies as a result of the above surveys within the given time frame.
- Cooperates directly with the Port Captain and Operations personnel regarding the day today maintenance and repairs of the vessels.
- Ensures that PMS is followed by the vessels.
- Keeping track of technical paperwork received from the vessels as directed
- Ensuring the timely correction of all technical defects reported by all vessels and providing Chief Engineer with shore assistance as required.
- Responsible for the performance of all instrumentation and automation on the vessels.
- Checking the fuel sounding on the vessels and ensuring that it is correctly reported.
- Frequent run tests inspection of the condition of machinery and equipment on the vessels to ensure maintenance and repair meet company requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply