Palladium International – Our client, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), a USAID-funded MEASURE Evaluation Project, is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: OVC Study Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium works as a partner on the USAID-funded MEASURE Evaluation Project. In this capacity, Palladium seeks a consultant based in Abuja, Nigeria to coordinate activities for a planned set of surveys that will measure outcomes of programs for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in at least 10 states in Nigeria.
- The consultant will work as part of a team led by Palladium from its Washington, DC office.
- The consultant will report to the Palladium activity lead and collaborate with a local research organization based in Nigeria.
- The anticipated start date for this position is April 15, 2016 with work continuing through March 2017. Level of effort is approximately 180 days.
- Support study planning and logistics
- Working with implementing partner and research organizations
- Train data collectors on survey tools
- Support data management
- Conduct quality assurance processes throughout study implementation
- Contribute to technical report writing and presentation of results
- Advanced degree in Public Health, such as Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in public health and/or social service research
- Training and certification in research ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local languages
- Experience in planning and managing the operations of large scale household surveys, preferably involving data collection with program beneficiaries
- Experience in training and leading survey teams in rural and urban settings in Nigeria
- Experience in conducting data quality audits and quality assurance processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of OVC programs preferred
- Demonstrated project management and operations skills including team building and team management
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required time frame
- Ability to travel to and work throughout Nigeria Please include contact information for three references in application. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Palladium will only contact those candidates that have been short listed.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position