Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
HIFASS is therefore seeking the employment of the position as listed below.
Job Title: Medical Officer II
Locations: Owerri and Akwa Ibom- Abak.
- Under the supervision of the Site Team Leader, and with technical oversight from Program Staff of the MODHIP / DODWRP-N Program, the Medical officer will provide Clinical and research based medical services, focusing on Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and HIV related research activities in particular including in-patient services in the Medical and Emergency wards of the host hospital.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day to day Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS and TB patients at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- Provides technical assistance in HIV/ AIDS and TB clinical management and the Prevention of Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) capacity building at the facility level.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related development by reviewing current literature, and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS at the facility level.
- Will be involved in management of in-patients of the Medicine department at the host hospital.
- Acts as a Study Physician on relevant protocols.
- Contributes to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, and the Prevention of Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Ensure regular Clinical review of site performance with the STL and data Officers.
- Review monthly site Adults and Pediatrics Care and treatment, TBHIV and PMTCT targets as assigned by MODHIP/DOD-WRPN.
- Performs other research, care, prevention and evaluation duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- MBBS with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS thematic areas.
- Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- 1-2 years’ post national youth service experience in clinical care, with experience in HIV/AIDS, TBHIV and PMTCT care and support for HIV/AIDS at the clinical level, Experience with ARV programs, familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and clinical research experience are also required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections. Knowledge in Nigerian Clinical Research regulations and practice.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Clinical management training and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to owerri or Abak.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and Resume to “the Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” and additional certificates that supports or addresses the requirements listed above via: [email protected] specifying the position title as the subject of the mail.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline 20th February 2017