Hi-Quality Bakery, an established, Manufacturing and Retail Bakery in Calabar, Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- We are looking for an honest, motivated, experienced manager to help run a small bakery in Calabar.
- You don’t need to have run a bakery before but you will need to have management experience preferably within the catering industry and be a strong but diplomatic leader.
- You’ll have basic accounting skills and be willing to see where improvements can be made and follow them through in order to maximise profitability and streamline operations.
- You’ll need to be able to take the initiative.
- You’ll need also to have attention to detail and be able to make sure that the bakery is well run, hygienic and profitable.
- Work cooperatively with staff.
- Hire new personnel.
- To oversee pensions, holiday pay, sick pay etc
- If the employee is underperforming, take disciplinary action including termination to rectify the situation.
- Offer staff training and supervision.
- Organise and oversee bakery department personnel, including performance management and staff training programs.
- Deal with complaints about service or products, to make sure that the issue is solved quietly and quickly.
Specific Project Management:
- In conjunction with the management solve major building and construction problems.
- Put projects out to tender and overseeing their successful implementation. E.g with drainage, Solve machinery malfunction.
- Order new machinery and equipment when necessary.
Health and Safety Supervising Manager:
- Develop and supervise food handling procedures, ensuring they are carried out in a proper and safe manner.
- Develop an internal control system to supervise and evaluate Food Code compliance.
- Recommend improvements to existing food operation processes to better meet Code
- Keep the bakery clean, including cleaning and organizing display cases, bakery coolers, ovens and work areas.
- Resolve diverse problems in Code compliance, e.g. food contamination and temperature control.
- Provide insights into best practices for complex food safety and protection procedures.
- Control a variety of food borne illness risk factors within a prescribed limit.
- Teach others about correct approaches and principles related to food preparation and service.
Budgeting, Finance and Marketing:
- Ensure the profitability of the bakery.
- Work within the confines of the bakery’s budget in order to maximize sales.
- Create and maintain a budget.
- Add this information into reports and then present to management.
- Implement new guidelines such as marketing plans.
- Initiate product changes and company policies.
- Streamline and improve operations.
- Regularly analyse sales reports in an effort to better identify which products are selling and which are not as popular with customers.
- Essential High school Diploma. Ideally University degree or Diploma.
- College degree is not necessary, but ideally to have undergone some training in the bakery or catering establishment or in general management.
- Self motivated.
- Be able to take the initiative.
- A good communicator with clients and staff.
- Have basic accounting knowledge, for the inventory and calculation of sales and profit.
- Analytical ability.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Computer literacy.
- A thorough knowledge in implementation of food safety.
- Detail-oriented, and be able to check the quality of the products and the overall aspect of the shops and outlets, ensuring they are hygienic and well run.
- A good leader as you will be in charge of a number of employees
- Able to make quick and profitable decisions, regarding the performance of the staff and not exceeding the budget.
- Salary & Benefits depending on experience
- We will offer accommodation and use of a car.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]