USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office:
Job Title: Program Assistant FSN-08
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent perform a full range of administrative, program and management duties including research, planning, reporting, outreach and activity monitoring.
- S/he will support implementation and coordination of EGE programs, primarily the Presidential Feed the Future Initiative.
- The project Assistant will work under the general supervision of the Deputy Office Director.
- A minimum of two years of University Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience, especially in Agriculture, Business, Economic Growth or related work is required.
- Ability to obtain, analyze, interpret and evaluate a variety of data: and interact effectively, work collaboratively and communicate (orally and in writing) clearly and concisely with all levels of personnel within USAID, Government of Nigeria officials, international organization, donors, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) private sector, other US Government officials is required.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite, Google Chrome, other database and web-design software,
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the drivers of economic growth, especially agriculture, and the role of development in Nigeria, knowledge of the economic, political, and cultural characteristics; and social problems, resources and development prospects/priorities for Nigeria is required.
When fully qualified, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will he notified.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary’ period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Or – Ordinarily Resident – N5,115,042 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To: [email protected]
- Mailed (Paper/hand copies) application will Not be accepted
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to be assigned officially to post.
Application Deadline 9th November, 2015.