Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) in one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the position in the organization for Global Fund grants.
We seek applications from qualified applicants for the positions below:
Job Title: Sub Recipient Support Accountant
Reports to: The Director of Finance and Administration
- Work closely with ARFH program and other finance teams, and sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure smooth operation and effective grant’s fund management by the Sits.
- Support in preparation/review of the fund request by the SRs to ensure reasonability and compliance with approved budgets
- Review retirement documents and follow upon all outstanding advances with Sits staff and partners at Federal, State and Local communities, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Review Sits monthly transactions including cash book and bank reconciliation, and track each SR’s budget and expenditure, and variance analysis report
- Ensure that both internal and external auditors’ findings and recommendations are followed up and addressed appropriately and timely.
- Conduct financial pre-award visits to potential sub-recipients to assess their capability to manage grants funds.
- Provide continuous technical assistance and training to sub-recipients and monitoring the grants expenditures, budgets and reporting to ensure projects implementation compliance with terms and conditions of contracts.
- Support in designing, installing, implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field plus any of the following professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA.
- At least 5 years’ experience in grant management in a dynamic & multi-cultural international NGO setting with excellent accounting and auditing skills.
- Knowledge of Global Rind and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements is essential.
- Good computer skills in Ms Office Excel, word and Power-point and accounting software- QuickBooks are highly essential.
Job Title: Finance Manager – GF Malaria
Reports to: The Director of Finance and Administration
- This position oversees financial assessment, budget preparation, financial monitoring, risk management, donor reporting and all financial and management accounting duties.
- Provide technical support for strategic analysis; strategic planning and preparation of project work plan and reprogramming.
- Take a lead in budget preparation and tracking.
- Effectively control income, cash flow and expenditure –
- Manage fund disbursements to Sub Recipients and work with their Protect Accounting teams to ensure that project expenditures are in line with Global Fund Project standards.
- Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial polities arid procedures.
- Prepare accurate and timely bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external auditors.
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local Statutory returns such as PAVE/ taxes, Pensions, etc.
- Coordinate activities of accounting stall and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates
- Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least six years working experience with Non Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power-point.
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential
Job Title: Communication Officer
Reports to Director of Program
- Contribute to developing an advocacy arid communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research on radio & TV jingles and compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. briefing notes, images, video, web pages etc.) that meet ARFH and global standards.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to tire media.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats, as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintains library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer Sciences, Social Sciences, etc.
- A master’s degree iii communication arts will he an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position on projects focusing on HIV/AIOS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields; and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Publishing skills and website management strongly required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in only one (1) attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone number of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.