Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Security Officer
Job Number: HOT0222S
Location: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
A Security Officer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts keeps constant vigilance of activity on and around the hotel property and reports and manages incidents with the intent of ensuring the safety of Guests, Team Members, and others.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
- One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences.
- The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality.
- With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
- If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
- As a Security Guard, you are responsible for the safety and security of all Guests, Team Members and contractors, and visitors while at the hotel.
- A Security Guard is also responsible for the safety and security of the hotel premises. Specifically, the Security Guard will perform the following tasks at the highest level of service:
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the Hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risk or undesirable conditions.
- Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Monitor for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behaviour report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- A Security Officer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts keeps constant vigilance of activity on and around the hotel property and reports and manages incidents with the intent of ensuring the safety of Guests, Team Members, and others.
- Evaluate situations and make logical assessment on how to proceed and report for prompt action
- Maintain order in the Hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of Hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of Hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Minimum of OND.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in teams.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a security officer will be an added advantage.
- Must be smart & organized with good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Excellent grooming standards
What benefits will I receive?
- Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
- As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners.
- We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply