VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The following job vacancy exists:
Job Title: Private Sector Development Advisor
Location: Minna/Niger State, Nigeria
The Private Sector Development Advisor will facilitate the development of viable economic models that link farmers to private sector markets. This includes facilitating partnerships between the target communities and the private sector, as well as with service providers such as technical institutions, producer and marketing institutions/agencies, financial institutions, other NGOs and local and international research institutes and Niger State’s relevant line Ministries of Agriculture and Trade.
We’ll ask you to commit to 12 months to make a sustainable impact through your work. In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. We’ll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. VSO in-country team and the network of other VSO volunteers will also support you throughout your placement. When you return to your home country, we’ll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
Volunteering with VSO is life changing. You can find out more about volunteering with VSO at: http://www.vsointernational.org/volunteer/bethevolunteer
Desired Skills and Experience
- – You have a university degree in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences
- – You have a minimum 4 years relevant experience in project management preferably for an agri-business and/or market based project
- – You have a good understanding of the workings of the private sector and markets
- – You have proven experience in entrepreneurship capacity building for SME development and support to rural community business management
- – Experience in value chain development and application of innovative financial mechanisms and entrepreneurship
- – You are able to work well in a team
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.