Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Supply Chain Expert
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Key activities in your role will include
- Defines and ensures the implementation of the supply strategy (local and international procurement, storage and transport).
- Advises other departments on their supply needs
- Ensures that supply constraints and needs are well taken into account when the project is being designed
- Represents the mission externally on all supply chain related issues and develops his/her network to exchange on best practices and information
- Ensures that ACF procurement procedures are correctly understood and implemented on the mission
- Pilots, optimizes and ensures the quality of all procurement
- Ensures compliance with donor rules
- Ensures correct implementation of ACF Policies and procedures in terms of store management
- Follows up on In Kind Donations
- Pilots and optimizes a stock strategy and ensures effective use of stocks
- Identifies risks of fraud and corruption in his area of responsibility and sets up preventive/mitigation and control measures
- Sensitizes his colleagues on risks of fraud and corruption
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management. You have either started or completed further studies in Humanitarian Logistics or International Development.
- You have at least 2 years’ international professional experience in similar roles & humanitarian emergency contexts. You have a very good general knowledge of supply chain management & procurement.
You’re a creative problem-solver
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You’re well organized & pay attention to small details. You understand that support roles play an invaluable role keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date