Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 independent aid and development organisations networked together to fight poverty and injustice around the world.
Oxfam is recruiting to fill the vacant position for the LINE Project:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (MEL&SA) Coordinator
- Oxfam seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Social Accountability (MEL&SA) Coordinator for the four year EU supported pro resilience action (PRO-ACT) aiming at building food security and resilience in Kebbi and Adamawa in Northern Nigeria.
- Improve strategic linkages for food security and support to local market systems and;
- Improve response capacity of government towards social protection, early warning systems and strengthen local frameworks towards resilience building.
- The MEL&SA Coordinator position is meant to assume a technical role in establishing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and Knowledge management systems for PRO ACT.
- The program will improve the food security, nutrition and resilience of vulnerable groups in 7 LGAs in the two States.
- It will deliver rapid improvement in livelihoods and preparedness toward risks for vulnerable populations and communities including women and youth;
- Strengthen resilience, food security and natural resource utilisation of small holder farming communities;
Experience and Qualifications
Level of Education:
- Master’s Degree in (Development) Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, or relevant discipline.
- At least 7 years experience on a similar role
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies, M&E System, M&E Plan, Reporting Indicators, and M&E Tools. Tech savvy with a strong level of IT Expertise and use of mobile survey/field data collection tools (odk, KoBoToolbox, TaroWorks, GIS mapping, etc)
- Excellent in various statistical packages and softwares including SPSS, Stata, Excel, Access, and CSPRO etc.
- Demonstrated experience in agriculture projects, and in the design of gender sensitive indicators in difficult contexts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae in English to:[email protected]
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until deadline and position is filled. We highly recommend applying as early as possible before the deadline for the best chance of moving forward.
- Please note that applications sent to this enquiry email will be disqualified.
- Please submit applications for this position which is open to suitably qualified personnel who have the passion of making a difference in the lives of people and who will drive Project quality, learning and accountability.
Application Deadline 10th June, 2016.