USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the Agricultural and Environment Specialist position in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office:
Job Title: Financial Assistant FSN-8/FP-06
Work Hours: Full-Time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Senior Financial Management Specialist, the incumbent provides accounting and financial support.
- In this capacity, the incumbent performs accounting and financial analysis to support efficient operations.
- S/he implements systems to manage funds, implements internal financial controls to ensure the efficient use of financial resources, participates in the formulation of program and administrative operating budgets and conducts general assessments and financial analyses of CDC Nigeria financial data and reports
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Auditing or Finance is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of accounting and generally accepted accounting principles and standards and knowledge of government auditing standards is required.
- Thorough knowledge of budget development, execution, and analysis, including technical procedures and methods of budgeting, computing and reporting for financial programs is required.
- Advanced personal computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheets, excel and intermediate level experience in data analysis and data entry is required. Excel Proficiency will be tested.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible work experience in accounting, auditing or financially oriented business management, of which 2 years must be experience in an international organization in a financial or accounting setting and strong audit experience is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Language Proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N6,115,042 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM-US$39,558
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2016.