At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future.
We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 112,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas. BASF generated sales of more than €70 billion in 2015.
Job Title: Corporate Communications & Governmental Relations Manager
Job Field: Public Relations / Communications
Location: Lagos, Nigeria, 101233, NG
Company: BASF West Africa
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: CCAM20160229-SE
What you can expect
To support and deliver an effective and cost efficient Communication Service to the BASF Group within the Country Cluster West Africa, in alignment with the Corporate Communications and Governmental Relations Product catalogue.
Responsibilities will include
- Provide input in respect of the overall annual communications,advocacy & governmental relations strategy, communications plan and budget for Corporate Communications for West Africa.
- Responsible for Internal Communications input and implementation for the Country Cluster West Africa and specific internal communications tasks acrosss Africa,pro-active contribution to intranet (re-launches), internal publications, plasmas, on-line reporter, events etc.in alignment with Head of Communications Africa. www.justjobsng.com
- Support for the Country Cluster West Africas internet page, articles, possible corporate events, social media (FB/Twitter for Africa) profiling of local key personnel ie. Country Cluster Head, Market Area Head as well the organisation.
- Marketing Communications will be part of the service portfolio, incl. Project management & budgeting
- Responsible for crisis communications for West African countries – all in close cooperation and alignment with Head of Communications and the West African County Cluster Head
- Develop a CSR Strategy & Communications plan (incl. budget proposal) for the Country Cluster East Africa in line with the CSR policy.
What we expect
- A completed University degree (or equivalent) in BCom Communications or BCom Marketing/Journalism degree coupled with a minimum of 8 years of working experience in public relations, project management and marketing communication, preferably both in an agency and in-house, Experience in working in Communication/PR for a multinational company is essential.
- Must be fluent speaking and writing English, German will be an advantage
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Job Segment: Manager, Management, Bilingual
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply