The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organisation (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other interested Stakeholders whose focus is on Democracy, Governance and election and who wish to observe the Kogi and Bayelsa States Governorship Elections scheduled to hold on 21st November, 2015 (Kogi State) and 5th December, 2015 (Bayelsa State) respectively to visit the Commission’s website for the application form. This is without prejudice to previous correspondence with the Commission as completion of the prescribed application form (EPMC) 01) remains the only acceptable format for applying.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and qualified candidates for the Job Vacancy At The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
How to Apply
- Observer groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal status, Federal Inland Revenue Service (Medium Tax Office) Certificate for NGOs as well as evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja, among others are to accompany their applications.
- In view of the above, interested Observer groups should download, complete the application form (EMOC 01) and submit same to Elections and Party Monitoring Department, INEC Headquarters, Maitama, Abuja along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation) to assist in their assessment
- Any falsification of documents in the submissions will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution
- The closing date for receipt of EPMC 01 is 28th August, 2015.
Accreditation of Election
- Subsequently, all successful Observer groups would be required to fill the accreditation form. (EPWC 02) for Election Observers which are obtainable at the Elections and Party Monitoring Department, INEC Headquarters, Maitama,Abuja.
- Observer groups should also note that passport photographs of their members to be deployed to the 2 states (depending on the relative strength of each group) would be required in completing (EPMC 02). This is to enable the Commission produce identification/accreditation tags for Observers ahead of the elections.
Note: The list of all successful Observer groups will subsequently be published in National Dailies and on the Commission’s website after the close of receipt of application (EPMC 01) which is 28th August, 2015.