TRC Companies, Inc. – A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, environmental consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets.
We serve a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
TRC is 4,100 technical professionals and support personnel at more than 100 offices throughout the U.S. Our clients depend on TRC’s multidisciplinary teams to design solutions to their toughest business challenges in the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets.
Through our continuing commitment to develop top talent, deepen our understanding of our clients’ needs, and deliver sustainable solutions to the communities in which we live and work, we are tackling some of the most pressing energy, environmental and infrastructure challenges the world faces.
TRC Companies, Inc. is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Relay Technician (Utility)
General Description of Position
This individual will perform the work associated with and including, but not limited to, the installation, testing, inspection, calibration, and repair of all system protection devices, transducers, and equipment (microprocessor based and electronic relays, circuits, protective controls, switchboards, and other substation equipment) on Client s’ electric transmission and distribution systems.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Install, test, inspect, calibrate, and repair all electronic relays, circuits, system protection devices, transducers, and equipment (microprocessor based and electric relays, protective controls, switchboards, and other substation equipment); Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and remote terminals.
- Complete and deliver accurate reports and information as required for TRC reporting requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in and around the relay and substation work areas and assist others in maintaining tools, equipment, and other work-related materials in proper working condition.
- Perform functional verification of protective schemes and equipment.
- Performs additional duties as required to support department goals and projects.
- Diagnose electrical and electronic problems; interpret manufacturer’s drawings, equipment manuals, or diagrams; and determine the proper course of action to complete corrective and preventive maintenance, as required, for the safe and efficient operation of all system protection equipment.
- Consult with manufacturer’s technical support to determine proper repair or maintenance procedures.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Prefer associate degree in Industrial Electrical, Instrument and Control, or Electronics field and prefer two years increasingly responsible system protection experience directly related to the installation and maintenance of electro-mechanical and electronic relays and control equipment utilized by electric utilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of alternating current (ac) and direct current (dc) theory and relaying protection schemes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at the level required to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Able to operate computers and associated programs at the level required to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Able to read and understand construction and manufacturer’s drawings and specifications.
- Able to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Able to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner, using sound judgment.
- Ability to utilize a relay test set to prove protective device settings. Familiarity with Doble Protest, SEL Acelerator, and ENOSERVE RTS a plus.
- Able to gather and analyze information.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply