Spectranet was awarded a License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2009 with the aim of promoting Internet Services in Nigeria. Over the last year Spectranet has assessed and evaluated different technologies and mediums which would facilitate in providing the best data services best suited for Nigeria.
Headquartered in Lagos with Management Consultancy and Technical Collaboration with the Infrastructure Development Company Group based at Singapore, Spectranet aims to be a leader in the Internet Services space in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sr.Engineer LTE Core
Designation: Sr. Engineer LTE Core
Reports to: Head – Project & Core
Qualification/ Work Experience
- Bachelors/Master of Science in Computer Science or Telecommunications is desired.
- Work Experience: 4-6 years in telecom domain specially on 4G-LTE core network (MME, SGW, HSS etc.)
- Good understanding of telecom technologies like 4G-LTE, WiMAX or CDMA.
- The Evolved Packet Core is set of network nodes responsible for interfacing LTE RAN to provide a complete 4G network. The nodes include MME, S/P GW, HSS, PCRF, and DNS.
- The EPC engineer is responsible to maintain the system in a good and proper state and assist users of the system in its operational functions.
- The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of hands-on experience in the mobility and packet core network and will have knowledge 3G / LTE EPC interfaces.
- Expert knowledge of mobile wireless networks; LTE – specifically MME, S/P GW, HSS and/or DRA
- Packet Network technologies/protocols including IPv4, IPv6, Ethernet, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, QOS, and SNMP.
- Voice Signaling Protocols like SS7 and SIP.
- Wireless and Transport Equipment including routers, switches, voice gateways, and SBCs
Essential Job Functions
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful planning, design, implementation and optimization of new network products/services.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures related to service delivery.
- Partner with peers to ensure reliability, availability and scalability thresholds are maintained.
- Provide trouble resolution for escalated core network issues along with the Huawei Core Network Person.
- Perform after hours support duties to sustain network systems and service levels – 24/7/365.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in running large scale IP/MPLS network
- Experience in UNIX scripting
- Experience with TCP, IP, SCTP, Diameter, GTP, RADIUS, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS), 802.1P/Q VLAN tagging.
- A proven business sense with the ability to discern, evaluate, and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Proven ability to engage with and communicate with customers, vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to work “on-call” and off-shift hours as required to support network and equipment maintenance, upgrades, and service interruptions.
- Experience on WiMAX/LTE technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience working on Huawei equipment will be preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues, network Sniffer tools,
- Strong analytical approach in resolving issues
- Good knowledge of Evolved Packet Core including HSS, MME, S/P-GW, PCRF, PCEF, SGSN, GGSN, HLR, Database
- Good understanding EPC interfaces (S6a, S1-C, S1-U, S5/S8, Sgi, S11, S10, Gn, Gb, Gr, Ga)
- Ability to implement industry standards and “best practices” relative to networking.
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Proven problem-solving skills with experience and background in solving complex design, network, and circuit problems and issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, and articulate job tasks and complete the tasks on time and on budget.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Application letter and CV’s to: [email protected] with the position name as the subject.
Note: Travel (Frequent/Infrequent; Intracity/Intercity): Mainly Intracity within Lagos. Workplace Outdoors/Indoors: Indoor with night duty on need basis
Application Deadline 27th April, 2016